Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sing!

I heard of this elective where you study about singing. Called "Magic of the Voice of a Singer" or something like that. And you earn your grade by singing (70%) plus a written exam (30%).

The best thing is, it doesn't matter if you can sing well or not, as long as you put in your best effort, you still get your grade! :D

I like to sing. I don't think anyone knows about this though. I can play a keyboard or strum a bit of guitar, but if I'm given a choice between playing a musical instrument or sing, I'll choose to sing. Surprise, surprise.

What's the joy of music if you don't sing along right?

I don't have an awesome singing voice and I can't hit high notes and stuff like that, but I really enjoy letting out whatever's pent-up in me through song.

You know, I have a secret dream. Well it's not gonna be a secret anymore after I click on "Publish Post", but I dream of singing on a stage to an audience. Laugh if you want, but if I actually have the opportunity to do so, I will. The one obstacle is I'm too shy. And I don't wanna butcher any song. Haha.

Anyway, I may choose to take up this elective next semester, but whether I get it or not is another thing.

P.S. If you want to sound better when you sing, do it in the bathroom, it has one of the best acoustics around the house. I'm serious.