Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mugging Mania

I feel so unproductive these few days. But it has gotta stop.

Went for Imp's surprise birthday party last night. But before that I wanna thank Eddy for accompanying me till 8pm!! :) We spotted some cool stuff over @ Borders (like a humongous eraser with "For really BIG mistakes" printed on it). Anyway, I told myself that I wouldn't touch alcohol because I didn't want an unnecessary headache and sleepless night. So I cheated with the shot. And luckily I did because Imp added absinthe in the stealth. Aha. But I got duped by Fana into sipping "orange juice". Yea orange vodka more like. :S Was the first to leave the party as I was so damn tired.

For the past couple days I was actually pondering whether I actually belonged to the Arts or Sciences. Yea stupid question, I know. But I just have a strong interest and passion in music. Like performing, composing, writing, producing. Sometimes I can form melodies in my head and come up with scraps of lyrics here and there but didn't really try to piece those up together into a song. I really really miss playing the piano. Well, even if I don't have a piano now, I have a guitar! It's just that I haven't been practising regularly. So, one of my to-do tasks for the holidays is to master the guitar. And sing along at the same time. Haha, I'll probably post up videos of me singing and playing the guitar if I think I'm good enough to do so. Who knows. But first I also need to brush up on my singing. It isn't exactly very listenable yet. LOL. Well namely the voice control and tuning. I don't think anyone has heard me sing before except for my sister.

Once I have mastered the guitar, I may start to write songs. It's no easy feat man. And lyrics are really important in a song because the audience needs to relate to them. Now you know why Taylor Swift is so successful. That's because people can relate to her songs. Not to mention you must also have catchy hooks and all.

I guess that's about it for my interest in music. Maybe I should really invest a little more time on it? I feel happy if I'm doing something music related. And I'll definitely post any updates of my music stuff here.

Oh btw, Michael Lynche was saved *GROAN* and I am absolutely NOT looking forward to seeing Glambert mentor the contestants. The Idol producers are seriously butchering the show.

Michael

Ok I need to get back to my Thermodynamics now. Till next post. :)