Saturday, September 11, 2010

There's Just Something 'Bout DA's Music


And of course DA = David Archuleta.

First things first, I'm not a 10-year-old pre-teen fan-girl gushing over DA.

But I gotta commend his music because:

1. It's sincere and heartfelt;
2. I can relate to most of his songs;
3. The songs are filled with catchy hooks and melodies.

I wasn't a fan of DA initially when he was on Idol but I bought his debut album and I have to say I'm gonna get his next one when it's out on October 4th. While his debut was more about love and whatnot, the upcoming one focuses more on being positive, optimistic and embracing your struggles, and these messages are embedded in tracks like "The Other Side Of Down", "Elevator" and "Things Are Gonna Get Better". I guess right now I really need those songs to pull me through in this trying time, to help lift me up before I can crumble down.

DA's music actually means a lot to me. And I'm so grateful that these songs are written and recorded, that I have the chance to listen to them. :)

Ok. Enough stanning for DA. Back to reality.

No more 3-day weeks for me!! :(

Lab and tutorials start this coming week and I'm gonna be frigging busy. Still on the fence on buying that Astronomy textbook. Such a waste to use it only for one semester. And it's not as if it's necessary, but it's recommended. WTH.

I wanna catch Resident Evil 4 but haven't got the time and the company. Not to mention playing my keyboard.

Talking about the keyboard... I feel like I can and enjoy creating melodies and hooks better than writing lyrics. Honestly, my song-writing skills suck and most of my songs all deal with the same subject that it's getting boring and tough. I think I prefer creating melodies on the keyboard instead (i.e. producing songs). We'll have to see about that.