Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Before You Say "FML", Think About It

I'm sick of people writing "FML" on their facebook statuses, Twitter feeds, blog posts...

If you are unaware of what FML stands for, google it.

The "FML" comment, in my opinion, is overused, super inappropriate and I think it contains utmost disrespect. Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but I just can't stand it. Even if people are using it to pass off as a casual remark.

First, if you hate your life so much, then DON'T live it. There are so many more unfortunate others who would die to live yours. No matter how much you think you're suffering.

"FML" just because you have an assignment to complete??! For goodness sake.

Maybe these people don't really understand how 'heavy' the acronym "FML" means. Life is meant to be appreciated. Embraced. Sure, life is full of imperfections, but that's the way life is. It is meant to be imperfect. And it's only through these imperfections that we discover our own strengths within, create ourselves, bringing out our full potential. Imagine life that is just so...perfect. Maybe the sound of it is tempting, but if everyone's lives are so perfect, life itself will not have any meaning to it. It's boring. To a certain extent.

It's not as if you can't overcome the struggles in your life. Perhaps you can't for some, but you have a choice whether you wanna embrace it, or not.

Sometimes when I see people saying "FML", I thought to myself, "I bet my life is twice as hard as yours, and I don't even use that acronym."

Please. Think. There's absolutely NO REASON to f*** your life. Honestly.