Thursday, July 22, 2010

Penning Something 7

It's time for a new song! Finished this last night. Called "Candy", it is your typical boy-meets-girl-boy-likes-girl Punk Rock song. I think this is my catchiest song to date. Anyway, it's very similar to Evan Taubenfeld's "Pumpkin Pie".

"Candy"

Verse 1
4am in the morning
I'm lying on my bed
I'm wide awake 'cos
I can't stop thinking 'bout you

Lonely everyday
Never thought I would
Get to know a girl
That's quite like you
Like you

Chorus
Candy
Oh baby can't you see
I want you to be with me
Won't you come with me
Candy, Candy

Verse 2
Saw you at the bus stop
I can't help but look
Your wavy hair
And bright eyes they seem to shine

Walked right up to you
Smiled and said hello
Would you mind
If I walk you home instead
Instead

Chorus (x1)

Bridge
We could rock this world together
We could reach out for the stars
Why don't you let your guard down
And let me into your heart

Chorus (Stripped) (x1)

Chorus (x1)