Sunday, July 25, 2010

Penning Something 8

I feel like I'm getting a hang of writing songs with catchy hooks. Anyway, here's something fresh out the oven. It's a song about your man or lady leaving you because of the mistakes that you made, but you just can't let him/her go and kinda cling on to the hope that he/she will return to you to the point of mild obsession (if you read the chorus you'll sense the obsession there). This is a Pop/Rock track with a few auto-tuned lines namely in the bridge.

"Kiss Me"

Verse 1
What do you say
When everything is broken
What do you do
When scars are left wide open

Pre-Chorus
I know I did you wrong but why
Don't you give us both a chance to make it right

Chorus
So kiss me
Like you want me
How you touch me
I love you baby

So hug me
Like you miss me
I am sorry
Now please don't leave me

Verse 2
I remember the day
When we first met and you were just a friend
I remember the day
When you walked away with nothing left to say

Pre-Chorus (x1)

Chorus (x1)

Bridge
Ki-ki-ki-ki-ki-kiss me (x3)
Why don't you kiss me? (Spoken)

Chorus (To fade)