Thursday, May 13, 2010

Affinity

I always tell myself, whatever that happens, good or bad, it happens for a reason. Everything does.

So special sem started and I went for my first 2 HP807 lectures this week. And if you have read one of my previous posts about finding a solution to those problems I had and something about reinventing myself, I would like to tell you that I have actually found it. In this module.

Wow. As I was going through the readings and notes, I thought to myself, "This is what I need right now". I am so thankful for this. And as I looked back at the time when I was praying so hard to get the Business Finance module for this special sem but eventually got this instead, I now know that it's fated. Heaven's trying to help me! Haha I sound so religious. Anyway, this module is really, really useful. It helps me un-confuse (no such word, I know) myself and find the direction suited for me to go in, how I want to.

The lecturer is really engaging and he answers a lot of those intriguing questions that I ask myself sometimes. Like why people from China are generally more competitive than Singaporeans and why students in the same cohort who have the same ability and motivation have different scores in exams. They are all due to the psychological makeup of the person. And there are many factors contributing to that psychological makeup which are very personal and individual, which actually made me realise why I can't perform well in exams and alert me to the areas where I have to target on and change. Pretty interesting stuff. Not to mention the solid and concrete hints he gives in preparation for the exam. :)

I recommend fellow NTU students to take up this module because it's really useful especially in your career development. However, this module is only offered in special semesters. And the exam format is 4 (x2) essay questions. So...it's your choice. Well, there's another module by the same lecturer that's offered during term time and its content is almost the same as HP807. I think it's called "Working in the 21st Century" or something like that. The exam also consists of 4 (x2) essays.

Right, I guess I've said a lot so I think I should get on with my assignment. But before that, Michael Lynche got booted off this week!!! And the duet by Lee and Crystal was the performance of the season. Fantasia, Daughtry and Bon Jovi are performing on the results show if you're gonna watch it tonight. Lee and Crystal for the Finals!!!

Michael