Friday, June 25, 2010

I Pray For You


I came across a song "Pray For You" by this new band so aptly. It's quite a meaningful song when it started out:

"Haven’t been in church since
 I don’t remember when
 Things were going great
 Til they fell apart again
 So I listened to the preacher
 As he told me what to do
 Said you can’t go hating others
 Who done wrong to you
 Sometimes we get angry
 But we must not condemn
 Let the good Lord do his job
 And you just pray for them"

But then it became mean and hilarious:

"I pray your brakes go out
 Running down a hill
 I pray a flower pot falls
 From a window sill
 And knocks you in the head like I’d like to
 I pray your birthday comes and nobody calls
 I pray your flying high when your engine stalls
 I pray all your dreams never come true
 Just know wherever you are
 Honey, I pray for you"

Still, I very much believe the part in the first verse about not hating and condemning others who have done wrong to you, because they would ultimately experience karma.

Revenge is meaningless.