Saturday, June 12, 2010

Penning Something 4

I told you I'm on a writing spree today. This next song is a guitar-driven ballad. Something along the lines of Hot Chelle Rae's "Bleed". It's about a man whose relationships never work out and he thought he finally met a girl of his dreams only to have his heart broken again. Sad huh. And the song's more of a story as you read the lyrics.

"Broken"

Verse 1
I used to be a man with a broken heart
But ever since I saw your face
You go through my mind
Every night

So I really hope to see you again
I think I really need you, I
I want to make you mine

Chorus
I wish that you could
Stay by my side
Just for a little while

And the music's playin'
It's pouring outside
I just wanna hold you tight
Tonight

Verse 2
As I was walking down the street one day
I happen to see you just passing right by
So I took the chance and I
Ran up to you and said, "Hey, what's your name?"

But you just smiled and walked away
And then my heart broke to pieces
When I saw you're already with a man

Chorus (x1)

Bridge
And I'm broken
Broken
And I'm broken
Broken again

Chorus (x1)