Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Penning Something 6

I wanted to write a song about believing yourself. Believing that you can change your own fate, create the path you want to take in your life and not allowing others to bring you down in any way. So I name this song "Defying Gravity" (the name of my blog if you haven't noticed), which is trusting yourself to live your dreams against all odds. And here it is, written just last night.

"Defying Gravity"

Verse 1
Life, is what you make it
Hope, is what you have and
Don't ever give up on your dreams

Life, is about creating yourself
Build the path you wanna take
Nothing can get in your way

Chorus
I will not back down
I will not bow down
To everything in front of me
You and I create
Our own destinies
Everyone's fates can be changed
So watch me defy gravity
Defying gravity

Verse 2
Clouds, they cast over my head
And rain on my parade
I won't let them get to me, no

So take, my hand and walk with me
On this road that I can see
No matter how dark and cold the journey may be

Chorus (x1)

Bridge
Don't be afraid
To take a stand
And change the life that's planned

You only have just
This one chance
To make it the best

Chorus (x1)

This is a mid-tempo Pop track with guitar riffs, a mix between Kelly Rowland's "Rose Colored Glasses" and the Michelle Branch/Timbaland collaboration "Getaway".