Sunday, June 20, 2010

Penning Something 5

Wrote a new R&B ballad today! Envisioned Jennifer Hudson and Fantasia singing this one. It's about having enough of your partner's lies and deceit, and finally leaving him.

"Pretence"

Verse 1
2am in the morn'
I called you on your phone
You told me that you would be home

I waited on the line
Nobody picked the call
I thought it's just another lie

Pre-Chorus
You promised that you gon' be lovin' me
You promised that you gon' be true to me
You promised to be honest
You promised to be real
But now you're full of lies and deceit

Chorus
So it was just pretence
And it's all pretence

Verse 2
You said you'd treat me right
So just stay by your side
But I think I could do this no more

When I'm not on your mind
You just ain't doin' right
You got another chick in your ride

Pre-Chorus (x1)

Chorus (x1)

Bridge
Now I see the truth
You just made me a fool
I'm o-ver you

Time to say goodbye
I know I gotta try
Try to live without you

Pre-Chorus (x1)

Chorus (To fade)