Friday, June 11, 2010

Penning Something 2 (Part II)

Ok I need to put my Dance/Club song aside because I wrote another new song. It's a Contemporary Country ballad this time. Finished the lyrics within an hour! I feel that this is the best song I've written. Not that I've done a lot of songs, I know. Anyway, I wrote this song for my Dad. It's a song about regret and pain after losing a loved one.

Hey Dad, this song is for you:

"Now You're Gone"

Verse 1
I was wrong
To be
I was wrong
To treat you that way

But I can't
Change the fact
That I chose
To push you away

Chorus
Wish that I could turn back time
I can't accept that you're gone
You're gone
Wish that I could treat you right
Why did you leave me this way
This way

Now're you gone, gone, gone (x3)
You're gone

Verse 2
Here I am
Today
How I hoped
That you were right by my side

But regret
and shame
Has plagued me right up
Till this day

Chorus (x1)

Bridge:
As I saw your face
In my dreams
I wished that I could have changed

To have you here
And watch me grow
From a boy right to a man

Chorus (x1)