Saturday, June 5, 2010

Penning Something (Part III)

I'm gonna re-insert the pre-chorus. So the song goes like this:

"Empty"

Verse 1:
You broke my heart
Tore it apart
And you left me
Down and weary

Said goodbye
And I can't try
To keep you with me
Why'd you leave me

Pre-chorus:
I'm falling apart
I told you from the start

Chorus:
I can't live live live
Live without you
I can't breathe breathe breathe
Breathe without you
Now you take away my love
You take away my happy

I can't see see see
See without you
I can't think think think
Think without you
Now you take away my soul
You take away my hope

And I'm empty

Verse 2:
For a while
Forget us now
That's what you told me
I am sorry

I held you near
Whispered in your ear
Oh L-O-V-E
Why can't you see

Pre-chorus (x1)

Chorus (x1)

Bridge:
Empty, empty, empty, empty
Empty, empty, my heart is empty
Empty, empty, empty, empty
Empty, empty, now I'm empty

Chorus (x1)

So there you have it! My very first self-penned song. Overall, it has something of a Power Pop/Rock vibe with an acoustic guitar introduction, which later incorporates drum beats for the second verse. Think of Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" mixed with Leona Lewis' "I Got You" and "Naked".

Well, I wouldn't call this song a masterpiece, because I still think the lyrics are quite cheesy. But for a first attempt, I should give myself a pat on the back. :)

I wanna write something R&B next! Haha.